I am currently a Ph.D. candidate in Applied Mathematics at the University of California Merced with interest in mathematical modeling of biological and biolinguistic systems. I apply stochastic modeling methods, natural language processing and language modeling methods.
I was born and raised in the Philippines where I lived until I was fifteen years old and migrated in the United States as a permanent resident with my mother and sister. I became a citizen of the United States in 2017. I lived in the state of Tennessee for six years before moving to California to pursue a graduate degree in Applied Mathematics. I am also an amatuer artist and my hobbies include painting, drawing, sculpting, and playing strategic video games.
- June 8, 2020 - August 14, 2020: Machine Learning internship funded by the Computational Engineering Department at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- August 6, 2020: Presented the talk titled "Word Embedding Models Performance Analysis on a Question Answering Task" at the Virtual Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Summer Student SLAM.
- July 15, 2020: Presented the talk titled "Data Science Tools and Techniques with Applications in Natural Language Processing" at the Virtual 2nd Joint SIAM/CAIMS Annual Meeting.
- May 20 - August 16, 2019 : Data Science Summer Institute internship funded by the Center for Applied Scientific Computing at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- August 8, 2019: Outstanding poster presentation at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory poster symposium.
- April 19, 2019: Presented the poster titled "Skip-Gram Model Application for Uncovering Linguistic Microevolution in Twitter" at the 4th Annual Central Valley Regional Student Chapter Conference.
- February 25, 2019: Presented the talk titled "Application of Vector Autoregression to the Complex Dynamics of Multivariate Unigram Frequency Time-Series" at the SIAM conference for Computational Science and Engineering.
- Mathematical applications and interdisciplinary research in data science.
- Mathematical modeling of natural languages and biological systems.
- Ph.D. Advisor and Chair: Suzanne Sindi
- Ph.D. Committee: Rick Dale, Arnold D. Kim, Roummel F. Marcia
- Applied Mathematics: Maia Powell
- Cognitive Science: Ayme Tomson
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: Brenda Ng, Sam Nguyen, Juanita Ordonez